As you probably know, many schools require that any early action applicants submit all materials by Dec. 1st. With this deadline looming, now is the time to make sure that you have a complete application.
Here’s what you need to do before you submit:
- Double-check that the application form is complete
- Proof the application essay and any supplements
- Pay applicable application fees
- Make sure your counselor has sent your transcripts and counselor recommendation form
- Check that your ACT/SAT scores have been sent directly to the school
- Make sure your teacher recommendations have been sent
Some schools have other requirements (for instance, you may have to schedule an interview), so read the application carefully. Once you’ve successfully completed and submitted the action items listed above, take a deep breath, try to relax, and be patient! Early action acceptance decisions are generally made within a month or so.